The deer season requires a lot of preparation. Nothing is near more important than what goes into your deer hunting pack! Here are 8 items that you should have in your deer hunting pack this season.
- Gear Rope – Be sure to always throw in 20-25 feet of thick nylon rope. Nothing is quite worse than having no rope to haul your gear. A gear rope is a must for every hunting trip.
- Hand Saw– Putting a small saw in the pack will always be useful. It can come in handy to trim shooting lanes.
- Rain Cover- You can keep you and your gear dry if you packed have packed a rain cover. While hunters will start calling it off, you can stay out for longer hours.
- Hunting clothes– Hunting clothes are a must for camouflage. Being in sync with the surrounding can help you in getting near of the target and get a clearer shot.
- Headlamp- This is one is a given for any hunter. The best combination is a bright LED and a dull red light, the red light is great for walking undetected, while the bright LED comes in handy for detecting blood trails.
- Water and Snacks- A power bar or normal snack can come in help you munch it that extra hour or two when you are out on a hunting trip. Hunting trips can be long and a specialized water bottle can provide you enough water to be hydrated for long duration. A normal water bottle can make some noise and can affect your hunting, so a specialized bottle is a must.
- Binoculars – Binoculars is a must when it comes to hunting trips. Identifying the target from quite a distance can always give you the upper hand. Every hunter always has binoculars around his or her neck during such trips.
- Extra Release, Quick Loads, Cartridges, or Slugs – During a long deer season, a hunter can get disorganized and the ammo might get lost in the trunk or a tree stand. Putting an extra release, some quick loads, a few cartridges, and a couple slugs in a pocket in your gear bag will keep the most important item in your hunting pack!
- Gutting Knife- A gutting knife is a must when a big deer is on the ground. This knife should be in every hunter’s gear bag. This helps in ensuring that you carry out your success.
If you are looking for good quality hunting supplies, you can experience good quality hunting supplies by gun emporium. From binoculars to clothing, everything is available under one roof.
One should be prepared for the hunt, no matter what the hunting needs are.